zougla: (Default)
[personal profile] zougla
My LJ friends page is kind of a lonely place. There are 3-4 of you who read this, and even less who update! I really only come here to keep in touch with those few of you, but I wonder if it isn't time for us to keep in touch some other way.

Date: 2010-10-12 05:10 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kels.livejournal.com
facebook does seem to be eclipsing livejournal, but you can't really make long update type posts there...

*shrug* i got nothin'. :)

Date: 2010-10-13 04:20 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zougla.livejournal.com
Yeah, Facebook is terrible for keeping in touch with people on any meaningful level. Because I'm afraid of what potential employers will find on my page I can't really say anything authentic. I stick to platitudes and links to interesting articles.

Maybe I'll just force people to update more somehow :D

Date: 2010-10-14 05:29 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kels.livejournal.com
oh, i'm paranoid about posting anything of substance on facebook too! teachers are warned to be careful about that... i'd be mortified if a student somehow found my page.
i still think that having a livejournal is worth it, even if no one posts very often. at least it's there for when we do want to do lengthy/important updates.

Date: 2010-10-12 06:23 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] galenide14.livejournal.com
I'm cool with keeping in touch this way. I admit it's been a while since I've posted something, but I have been posting again, and people have responded. So, while it does feel a bit deserted and not as "in your face" like facebook, there are friends who will listen.

And yes, I need to post more, but as you know, I'm feeling down...until Thursday when all is well, and I have money again.

Date: 2010-10-13 03:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zougla.livejournal.com
Yeah, you have been posting more, and that is great! I love hearing from ya'll I think about you often. Seems like everyone I know is having hard times. Maybe it's just how old we are now, responsibility piles up, and expectations rise etc. Hang in there, though, my friend. Things aren't necessarily better anywhere else.

Date: 2010-10-12 08:02 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lady-jenn.livejournal.com
If I promise to update more, will you stay here? :)

Date: 2010-10-13 06:08 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lady-jenn.livejournal.com
YAY! I will try to write an entry tomorrow. :)

Profile

zougla: (Default)
zougla

October 2013

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
202122 23242526
2728293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2026 12:26 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios